Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Binge Running

I've been taking a little more time "off" since UROC. It's been 10 days since the race but I've only been on a few runs and only one of them was more than 60 minutes. I felt great after the race. By Tuesday I felt fully recovered but I think this last segment of time off (since August 21st I've taken 22 of the 44 days totally off from running) is going to do me some good going into some more focused training to get ready for NF 50. I still haven't decided for certain that I'm going to run that race, but my plan is to basically start training sometime toward the end of next week as though I'm training for it and then see how I feel after a few weeks of that. Between now and the end of next week I'm going to continue to take some "down time," but the weather and the Fall colors are simply too perfect right now to not get out in the mountains for at least a few long outings.

Scattered throughout the days of rest in the coming 2 weeks I've got some really long outings in mind as well, including what should be a really epic run with Joe up in Oregon this coming weekend.

I've done some of this type of "binge" running in the past when I've needed some rest time, but the weather was just too ideal to stay out of the mountains everyday. There's something kind of satisfying about laying really low for 3 or 4 days and then getting out for a full day run, and then repeating the cycle. I think I still prefer when I get out in the mountains most everyday, but for now I'm really looking forward to doing some of this binge running the next couple weeks. Dakota and I are going to hit up the Indian Peaks for 5 or 6 hours this afternoon to kick it off.

5 comments:

Yassine said...

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend Geoff...I completely agree...I have had some down time...now...time to do a little binge running...just can't pass it up! See you soon

Ethan said...

What's the planned route in Oregon?

Jamesmadson said...

Was planning to run higher up in the mountains this weekend too, might be a bit of snow though. Forecast is 3 - 7 in tonight!

sbrt said...

Great post title

Thomas Bussiere said...

Binge running - Nice. Hard to stay away from the trails when the much needed fall is a welcome break from all the summer heat and humidity.